April 26, 2024, 10:32:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

02 sensor problem during vtuning need help

Started by jpbo, November 11, 2015, 04:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpbo

November 11, 2015, 04:58:23 AM Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:46:32 AM by jpbo
Good day
the bike a 2008 road king 45,00 kms  start wiggle between 1900 to 2100 rpm while i was doing the third vtune run, i look to the vtune data and see the rear 02 sensor at theses rpm stick around 160mv and the rear injector bpw also very low compared to the front ,while the front works normally, also there is big backfire at these rpm in deceleration, i replaced the rear oxygen sensor with no change, i checked for air leak all seems good, before replacing something else i'd need advices, i don't have the breakout box, hope it's not the ECM
at others rpm idle and cruising speed the bike run normally, i posted some extracted vtune data

is that happened to someone? :banghead:

Thank you

rigidthumper

Can't open the tune3.txt file with datamaster to see what you have. Try attaching the actual .dm3 file so we can open it and look?
Also, what mods, if any, to stock configuration?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

jpbo

i tried posting dm.3 file but it's too large the file can be open with bloc note i used the export data in datamaster my config is 2008 flh, supertrapp se true dual, 103 stage 2, i think with this link with box drop you can see my file

thanks for looking     https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z3qjcvny0cxy7z/VTuneData-03.DM3?dl=0

Pierre

rigidthumper

Great- able to see the rear 02 dropping now. May be as simple as changing a little fuel to the rear cylinder at those RPMs. Can you attach your current map?

jpbo

November 11, 2015, 08:44:32 AM #4 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 08:52:59 AM by jpbo
thanks taking time to help
i post my last map  at this address
i also have the DTC code p0151 rear sensor lean condition

https://www.dropbox.com/s/atc8xeme4j0olmq/2015%20ve%20tune%203.MT9?dl=0

rigidthumper

November 11, 2015, 02:05:51 PM #5 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 02:17:52 PM by rigidthumper
OK, got it. Have you used V-Tune3 yet? It shows the rear needs quite a bit more fuel in the problem areas. PM sent.

jpbo

Rigidthumper

i tune my bike with eyb205-03 mt8 first, used the same eby205-04  mt9 file and start over
using vtune-3, after ve data's were different, much lower
the richer file you sent look much like when tuning with mt8 in theses areas

i don't understand why mt9 file change the values this much
thanks again i will try it when the rain stop :up:

rigidthumper

I have another thought- you may want to start with DAG205-04, since it is closer to what you actually have.

jpbo

i forgotten to say i installed wood tw-555 cam the closer duration i found was yull map

rigidthumper

OK, that makes sense. Now, turn off the rain and go riding :)

jpbo

i ride the bike and still the same problem,
with tts is it possible to see  LTFT long-term fuel trim going positive at theses RPM 1500 to 2500,?
Before replacing a gasket how can i do to be sure it's not the ECM itself ?

thank you  :scratch:

rigidthumper

Because ECM failure rate is very small,  and when they fail it's usually complete non functioning. No start, no codes, nothing.
OK- may be time to try an experiment- load/test ride a couple of different maps, just to see if they react the same way- start off with EAC205-04, and then DAG205-04- I'd just flash em in, and see if they run well enough to try to collect data- Remember, the map has to be close enough for the onboard 02s to work, and that doesn't look that way with the EYB205-04 that's in there now.

jpbo

o.k i will try this
is the 255 cam duration too far from 242 242 duration of the wood cam?
i will check again for leak
also i will verify the wiring again and connection to the ecm harness under the seat
it seems it can have problem with 2008 touring model

thanks again :scoot:

rigidthumper

Cam duration (255)  is 211/235, but that's easily accounted for by setting cam selector to 2,3 from 3,2.

jpbo

jpbo

RigitThumper
i thanks you again taking time to help and put me in good direction and save me time. :up:

i swapped for a different map now it's going very good, no more need to search for leak
i will do some vtune and spark adjustments, after it should be fine  :chop:

Pierre

rigidthumper