looking for fast baggers to run "outlaw bagger" type of class.

Started by strokerjlk, December 13, 2015, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

stock TOURING  frame. will allow back bone to be altered to fit standard S&S 145ci
FLH front end.
swing arm extension allowed .
160 CI LIMIT
street tire / no bar
there are a few guys interested ,looking for a few more to make it worth while.  I would really like to see it become a full time class.
at this point we are seeking interested individuals to commit to 1-7 races for the 2016 season. this will take place at a AMRA scheduled race.
full season would be great. i dont see that happening yet. if we don't get enough participation for the full season,the individual race/races would/could be held anywhere other than Bowling Green races. AMRA will not pay out to winners,but you will pay to use the track and get in. so far that's not a problem and it seems to be  grudge type racers  interested anyway. 

tentative schedule. Kilkare is out. possibly  another ohio site to replace it.
let me know if you are interested.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

No Cents

is Kilkare off the 2016 schedule completely Jim...or for just that class?

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

strokerjlk

Quote from: No Cents on December 13, 2015, 12:22:11 PM
is Kilkare off the 2016 schedule completely Jim...or for just that class?

Ray
its off completely.  :angry:  tracks decision . :down: [size=78%] [/size]

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

westcomb

So 145CI limit ......... and it can have a power adder? .............  :SM:

This is the first I heard of it .......... this could get interesting!  :pop:

HighLiner

Heads up?  Pro or sportsman tree?  If I get my poop in a group I might do Martin.

westcomb

I'll be at the Martin event ............ Maybe I should get that NOS kit ready  :teeth: ............ Is this a heads up No lights kind of race? ......

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 14, 2015, 04:49:06 AM
So 145CI limit ......... and it can have a power adder? .............  :SM:

This is the first I heard of it .......... this could get interesting!  :pop:
power adders to be determined by participation.  it comes do to when we have commitment,power adder rules will be discussed.
for instance there is a possibility of a 139 ,143 and a 145 ,that run nos. if they want to run the nos,then a small ci combo could run two power adders.
another 135 with a blower,and nos. so this will have to be ironed out.
it's looking like the only interest so far is Rockingham in oct. but have a couple interested in MI. also.
Waiting to hear from a couple possible sponsors for the class. that might spark some more interest also.

it will be heads up pro tree.   I had a guy ask to give consideration for stock swing arm. so I put it out there. I don't see  a good way to give a break for stock swing arm unless we run a pro comp tree. I really don't want to do it that way . but i guess it is a possibility .
it's gonna take a mid 9 to run this class. couple bikes could run low 9's if they can get the power to the track.

prodrag1320

if anyones looking for one,ive got my 127",evo bagger for sale

westcomb

Quote from: prodrag1320 on December 15, 2015, 04:42:41 AM
if anyones looking for one,ive got my 127",evo bagger for sale
You ever make any pass's with it Kirby? ...........

prodrag1320

No.its a bagger.I've always had dragbikes to race.its pretty fast though but its all geared for highway cruising

westcomb

I have a feeling it moves pretty good Kirby!  :up: ...........

HighLiner

prodrag1320

strokerjlk

strokerjlk

Looks like enough participation to do MI and NC. For sure .( check schedule in post #1)
Looks like at least 1000,00 payout coming from sponsors so far .

It's gonna be run what ya brung up to 160 ci limit .
6" over stock length allowed ,with rake or swing arm or both combined, for a overall limit of 6"over .
Pro tree . No handicap heads up . If you red light you lose .
FLH front end . Stock frame . Stock backbone has to be used if modified for S&S height engine .
Any size street tire . No wheelie bars . Must LOOK like a Bagger and have factory size and appearing saddle bags . Fuel spec the same as AMRA street specs .

Possible to have another one right around the KilKarr race on the schedule . Waiting to see what Marty replaces Xenina OH with .

More details as they arrive .

westcomb

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 17, 2015, 04:32:27 AMSo up to 145" with power adders? ......
Had a couple guys with 160's want to play. its pretty much unlimited now.
160 ci run what ya brung. stock frame ,stock front end ,street tire 6" over stock wheel base
we have 1500.00 pay out for MI and 1500.00 pay out for NC.
we have 1000.00 possible pay out if we get one more shoot out going for Ohio .

westcomb

Dam ........... keeps getting faster ............ So 160" and a 6" over arm ........... that should make for some fast bikes!

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 18, 2015, 04:34:52 AM
Dam ........... keeps getting faster ............ So 160" and a 6" over arm ........... that should make for some fast bikes!
yes 160 ci and 6" over wheelbase . swing arm ,or rake and swing arm combined

kd

Jim,

It's really great that you are taking all of this time out of your busy schedule to chase this down and revive the motorcycle component at the strip. I'm an old "cage" guy but it's the motorcycle stuff I really dig cuz I know what it takes to do it. It's much more dangerous and the builds are more hands on development due to lack of material (parts) support in the aftermarket. Good stuff  :up: :up: :up:
KD

strokerjlk

Quote from: kd on December 18, 2015, 07:14:03 AM
Jim,

It's really great that you are taking all of this time out of your busy schedule to chase this down and revive the motorcycle component at the strip. I'm an old "cage" guy but it's the motorcycle stuff I really dig cuz I know what it takes to do it. It's much more dangerous and the builds are more hands on development due to lack of material (parts) support in the aftermarket. Good stuff  :up: :up: :up:
thanks KD . it is shaping up to be quite a show.

westcomb

Are struts allowed? ......... or shocks a must! .........

Sorry .......... I just keep thinking about this is all!  :bike:

John/1

So what are they going to call this class PROSTOCK BAGGER

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 19, 2015, 11:50:23 AM
Are struts allowed? ......... or shocks a must! .........

Sorry .......... I just keep thinking about this is all!  :bike:
You can run a strut if ya like .

HighLiner

:chop:

Or a whole lot of smoke shows!

Racepres

Quote from: HighLiner on December 23, 2015, 04:51:08 PM
:chop:

Or a whole lot of smoke shows!

Not at an AMRA race...They're gonna Stick...May wreck some street racers Day!!!

westcomb

I went to the Martin track 4 times last year on my bike .......... It hooked best during the AMRA race for sure!  :up: .......... Best pass I made was right after it was sprayed for the Nitro bikes! .......... Wish the track hooked that good all the time!  :smiled:

Bsmith153

Damn...think my little 124 aint really going to hold up. Im only going to be in the 10s. Have to see what else I can use for a power adder.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

pwmorris

Sounds awesome-hopefully some of the big inch bagger guys come out and rip em'!
Maybe Rivas will de stroke his 167" bagger making 250 and re gear for the Outlaw Bagger new class and drag it...

http://info.sscycle.com/performance-times/bid/77959/World-s-Fastest-Bagger-Chris-Rivas-sets-record-of-over-200-mph

strokerjlk

Quote from: pwmorris on January 02, 2016, 09:59:41 AM
Maybe Rivas will de stroke his 167" bagger making 250 and re gear for the Outlaw Bagger new class and drag it...

http://info.sscycle.com/performance-times/bid/77959/World-s-Fastest-Bagger-Chris-Rivas-sets-record-of-over-200-mph
I doubt it,since he doesn't meet the two rules of the class. stock frame and FLH front end.
he could get a grudge race though,no problem.

Racepres

Speaking about rules...It amazes me how many people Build a Bike Completely outside the Rules...then Whine that it don't fit the Rules.
Meanwhile, Bragging theirs is the "baddest in the Land"...Dipshits...It's the Only One.. Sheeesh!!
If ya wanna Prove you know your "stuff" build to the existing rules and Come Show the whole World...Not the corner of Hickerbilly Town!

prodrag1320

Quote from: pwmorris on January 02, 2016, 09:59:41 AM

a 167",250hp bagger is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of.

westcomb

This class sounds like a fun thing to play in a few times? ................. But it has a few issues for me! ........... Its just a first time kind of thing so there is no real good reason to go crazy and try and be "the man!" .......... so to speek  :smile: If the class grows and that would be cool it would be great! .......... I think it will be a once in a while thing tho?

I will not at all be the fast guy no question! ......... and will not be willing to spend the cash needed to be the fast guy! .......... It does however sound like a cool class to try as my bike will fit the rules pretty easy now ............. I do have a NOS bottle that I have been thinking of trying just because? ........... So since its going to be at the AMRA race I make this year (Martin) I may try it out!  :idunno:

But I have a much lighter bike I have been thinking my 124" motor would be at home in? ........... so I may just get after that! ........... Going to be a busy summer for me time to pull the motor from my bagger may not happen? ......... So if I take my bagger to the track again this year? .......... Outlaw class could be fun! ............ Maybe I can tree a guy or get luck and the other guy gets a red light!  :teeth: ........... anyways Just be fun is all! .......... I hope it has a big turn out! maybe I can add one more bike to the mix just to make it that much more fun!

HighLiner

I know the rules allow for backbone modification but how about down tube mods for exhaust clearance?

strokerjlk

Quote from: HighLiner on January 04, 2016, 07:22:54 AM
I know the rules allow for backbone modification but how about down tube mods for exhaust clearance?
Stock down tubes . And the back bone has to be modified stock .

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on January 04, 2016, 06:46:47 AM
This class sounds like a fun thing to play in a few times? ................. But it has a few issues for me! ........... Its just a first time kind of thing so there is no real good reason to go crazy and try and be "the man!" .......... so to speek  :smile: If the class grows and that would be cool it would be great! .......... I think it will be a once in a while thing tho?

I will not at all be the fast guy no question! ......... and will not be willing to spend the cash needed to be the fast guy! .......... It does however sound like a cool class to try as my bike will fit the rules pretty easy now ............. I do have a NOS bottle that I have been thinking of trying just because? ........... So since its going to be at the AMRA race I make this year (Martin) I may try it out!  :idunno:

But I have a much lighter bike I have been thinking my 124" motor would be at home in? ........... so I may just get after that! ........... Going to be a busy summer for me time to pull the motor from my bagger may not happen? ......... So if I take my bagger to the track again this year? .......... Outlaw class could be fun! ............ Maybe I can tree a guy or get luck and the other guy gets a red light!  :teeth: ........... anyways Just be fun is all! .......... I hope it has a big turn out! maybe I can add one more bike to the mix just to make it that much more fun!
Personally ,I am hoping this class will draw in guys that will want to run within the street dresser rules .
I doubt it becomes a full line up class. Most these guys just want to grudge race anyway .
Build yourself a stupid fast bagger and come join us.

strokerjlk

AMRA is racing in Pittsburg PA. At raceway park .May 14 -15 th
Going to do a outlaw Bagger race there as well .
As of right now we are looking at 750.00 to win 250.00 for runner up .
Ok you East coast boys , lets get em out and play.

Racepres

Now Jim...That is Tentative for right now....Looks really good tho...We ain't Done Deal yet...

HighLiner

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 07, 2016, 12:37:33 PM

I bet that draws Kadafe out!

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on January 07, 2016, 01:30:32 PM
Now Jim...That is Tentative for right now....Looks really good tho...We ain't Done Deal yet...
Damn . I was told it was a done deal .
Hope ya get something for August too .

strokerjlk

Quote from: HighLiner on January 07, 2016, 05:04:12 PM

He is putting up the purse money .

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 07, 2016, 05:22:28 PM

Well...he is from there after all...Maybe them PA cats know something that I don't....

Seriously...I'm Very Confident at this point...just ain't really "official"

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on January 07, 2016, 08:14:48 PM
Quote from: strokerjlk on January 07, 2016, 05:22:28 PM

Well...he is from there after all...Maybe them PA cats know something that I don't....

Seriously...I'm Very Confident at this point...just ain't really "official"
He called me really excited . I had already seen it on the schedule . But I see now it is in red and says tentative .  :embarrassed:
If its a go .... There is money to be won .  :scoot:

Racepres

^^ I'm glad he is that excited...Now, if he [or you also] would call the track and share some excitement...we may close this deal sooner.

2006FXDCI

Hope this works out as Pittsburgh speedway is my local track . I was at the last test and tune of the year and was pitted beside Mr. Kadafe . He sure has one fast road king . I will be there for sure !
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on January 08, 2016, 08:06:23 AM
Hope this works out as Pittsburgh speedway is my local track . I was at the last test and tune of the year and was pitted beside Mr. Kadafe . He sure has one fast road king . I will be there for sure !
It's quick for sure
http://youtu.be/Nrcu_REt9mw

Racepres

That sure looks like Gregg on that  RK...
Rides just like him also.
Coincidence???

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on January 08, 2016, 08:54:22 AM
That sure looks like Gregg on that  RK...
Rides just like him also.
Coincidence???
Yep that is Gregg on it .

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on January 08, 2016, 06:56:26 AM
^^ I'm glad he is that excited...Now, if he [or you also] would call the track and share some excitement...we may close this deal sooner.
Is it a done deal yet?

strokerjlk

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 18, 2016, 07:05:35 AM
Is it a done deal yet?
I see it is off . Silver dollar is on now ?

Racepres

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 18, 2016, 08:15:05 AM
Is it a done deal yet?

For May yes...still looking at August to offset the Southern Gas Nationals.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on January 18, 2016, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: strokerjlk on January 18, 2016, 08:15:05 AM
Is it a done deal yet?

For May yes...still looking at August to offset the Southern Gas Nationals.
Maybe Pitt in August ?

John/1

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 08, 2016, 08:27:52 AM
It's quick for sure
http://youtu.be/Nrcu_REt9mw

Here it is on the dyno

http://youtu.be/eudfebxopkA

HighLiner

strokerjlk

Quote from: HighLiner on January 18, 2016, 05:52:39 PM
What's the estimated HP on that monster?
215 ish NA with nitrous to go on top of it .
It is getting a make over now .
He has come a long way on it this year. He has been 9.8's on it without nitrous . Gregg went 9.5's on it mid summer .
Cool bike for sure .

John/1

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 18, 2016, 07:04:52 PM
He has come a long way on it this year. He has been 9.8's on it without nitrous . Gregg went 9.5's on it mid summer .
Cool bike for sure .

Hey Stroker do you know what cam and comp.they have in that road king.
Really cool if this could be a regular class at AMRA.
Also WAY cool that this is a EVO motor!!
Sound like this might be the bike to beat.
John

strokerjlk

Quote from: John/1 on January 19, 2016, 05:50:01 AM
Cool bike for sure .

Really cool if this could be a regular class AMRA.
John
He told me once , but I can't remember .  :embarrassed:
I have a sheet on it where it went 252hp on a little crack

John/1

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 19, 2016, 06:54:08 AM
Quote from: John/1 on January 19, 2016, 05:50:01 AM
Cool bike for sure .

Really cool if this could be a regular class AMRA.
John
He told me once , but I can't remember .  :embarrassed:
I have a sheet on it where it went 252hp on a little crack

That will  (get R done)

westcomb

sfmichael

Colorado Springs, CO.

strokerjlk

Someone ain't playing around .
This is how ya squeeze a 160 in a bagger .

build it

Quote from: John/1 on January 18, 2016, 10:50:45 AM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

Does this bike us the Prostock heads?

Kind of amazing when you compare this bike to a dual carbed bike; you could see vortexes of mixture plume out of the intakes on the carbed bike.
Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

strokerjlk

Quote from: build it on January 27, 2016, 01:42:07 PM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

Kind of amazing when you compare this bike to a dual carbed bike; you could see vortexes of mixture plume out of the intakes on the carbed bike.
Yes it has pro stock heads . It was a 139 in the dyno video .
It's gonna be a 160 now .

build it

Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

2006FXDCI

Jim , that looks like Greg's shop . Is that where the pic is from ?

Jonny Cash

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 27, 2016, 07:46:45 AM
Someone ain't playing around .
This is how ya squeeze a 160 in a bagger .

nice surgery.  definitely not messing around
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

John/1

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 27, 2016, 01:56:16 PM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

Not sure what it is now but in the dyno video I think it was a S&S evolution 145ci with b-2 heads you can see the extreme G's.Maybe they put a S&S street pro in it now,the street pro use twin D's.Here is a video where Gregg talks about the road king.
John
http://youtu.be/SnF88ekz16A

strokerjlk

Quote from: John/1 on January 27, 2016, 04:32:01 PM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

Not sure what it is now but in the dyno video I think it was a S&S evolution 145ci with b-2 heads you can see the extreme G's.Maybe they put a S&S street pro in it now,the street pro use twin D's.Here is a video where Gregg talks about the road king.
John
Your probably right , I didn't look close at the video . He did have a 145 in it before the 139 .
The 145 is for sale . 8000.00

strokerjlk

Quote from: 2006FXDCI on January 27, 2016, 02:49:47 PM
Jim , that looks like Greg's shop . Is that where the pic is from ?
Yes it is Josh . Gregg is putting together an outlaw street bike for him too.

2006FXDCI

Nice ! Hoping to get down there for a tune before they finish up that bike . I would love to see it in person .

John/1

Quote from: strokerjlk on January 27, 2016, 05:46:44 PM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

John
Your probably right , I didn't look close at the video . He did have a 145 in it before the 139 .

No Problem Jim 8000 is a good deal,wonder if the G extreme goes with it.I think it' got a redshift 715? 14 or 15 to 1? Be a nice motor for an FXR.

kd

John

When was this video made? When he says it may be the first bagger into 9's I thought about the Project Dragon 143 already having done that. It's pretty wild thinking that's where the bar is set now.
KD

John/1

Quote from: kd on January 27, 2016, 08:20:12 PM

John

When was this video made? When he says it may be the first bagger into 9's I thought about the Project Dragon 143 already having done that. It's pretty wild thinking that's where the bar is set now.

Not sure when the video was made I think the S&S 143 would be a better street bike.That road king would be way more fun!!

strokerjlk

Quote from: kd on January 27, 2016, 08:20:12 PM

John

the video was before anyone was in the 9's.
Paul Vicory was the first,in the 9's . also  the first do do it in competition and back it up.

strokerjlk

Quote from: John/1 on January 27, 2016, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: strokerjlk on January 27, 2016, 05:46:44 PM
It's quick for sure

Here it is on the dyno

John

No Problem Jim 8000 is a good deal,wonder if the G extreme goes with it.I think it' got a redshift 715? 14 or 15 to 1? Be a nice motor for an FXR.
I think it is a R/S 715 . Not sure of compression .thinking it is a little lower than 14:1
Looking back at what he told me . The engine comes with 2 G's and a star 2-2 pipe .
Not sure if the manifold comes with it or not . But I can find out if someone is interested .

John/1

You could easily spend a lot more and get a lot less!!

Added;well 215 hp 145ci is  1.48 per ci

sfmichael

Quote from: John/1 on January 28, 2016, 07:07:57 AM
You could easily spend a lot more and get a lot less!!

Added;well 215 hp 145ci is  1.48 per ci

Roger that   :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.