looking for fast baggers to run "outlaw bagger" type of class.

Started by strokerjlk, December 13, 2015, 10:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

stock TOURING  frame. will allow back bone to be altered to fit standard S&S 145ci
FLH front end.
swing arm extension allowed .
160 CI LIMIT
street tire / no bar
there are a few guys interested ,looking for a few more to make it worth while.  I would really like to see it become a full time class.
at this point we are seeking interested individuals to commit to 1-7 races for the 2016 season. this will take place at a AMRA scheduled race.
full season would be great. i dont see that happening yet. if we don't get enough participation for the full season,the individual race/races would/could be held anywhere other than Bowling Green races. AMRA will not pay out to winners,but you will pay to use the track and get in. so far that's not a problem and it seems to be  grudge type racers  interested anyway. 

tentative schedule. Kilkare is out. possibly  another ohio site to replace it.
let me know if you are interested.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

No Cents

is Kilkare off the 2016 schedule completely Jim...or for just that class?

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

strokerjlk

Quote from: No Cents on December 13, 2015, 12:22:11 PM
is Kilkare off the 2016 schedule completely Jim...or for just that class?

Ray
its off completely.  :angry:  tracks decision . :down: [size=78%] [/size]

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

westcomb

So 145CI limit ......... and it can have a power adder? .............  :SM:

This is the first I heard of it .......... this could get interesting!  :pop:

HighLiner

Heads up?  Pro or sportsman tree?  If I get my poop in a group I might do Martin.

westcomb

I'll be at the Martin event ............ Maybe I should get that NOS kit ready  :teeth: ............ Is this a heads up No lights kind of race? ......

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 14, 2015, 04:49:06 AM
So 145CI limit ......... and it can have a power adder? .............  :SM:

This is the first I heard of it .......... this could get interesting!  :pop:
power adders to be determined by participation.  it comes do to when we have commitment,power adder rules will be discussed.
for instance there is a possibility of a 139 ,143 and a 145 ,that run nos. if they want to run the nos,then a small ci combo could run two power adders.
another 135 with a blower,and nos. so this will have to be ironed out.
it's looking like the only interest so far is Rockingham in oct. but have a couple interested in MI. also.
Waiting to hear from a couple possible sponsors for the class. that might spark some more interest also.

it will be heads up pro tree.   I had a guy ask to give consideration for stock swing arm. so I put it out there. I don't see  a good way to give a break for stock swing arm unless we run a pro comp tree. I really don't want to do it that way . but i guess it is a possibility .
it's gonna take a mid 9 to run this class. couple bikes could run low 9's if they can get the power to the track.

prodrag1320

if anyones looking for one,ive got my 127",evo bagger for sale

westcomb

Quote from: prodrag1320 on December 15, 2015, 04:42:41 AM
if anyones looking for one,ive got my 127",evo bagger for sale
You ever make any pass's with it Kirby? ...........

prodrag1320

No.its a bagger.I've always had dragbikes to race.its pretty fast though but its all geared for highway cruising

westcomb

I have a feeling it moves pretty good Kirby!  :up: ...........

HighLiner

prodrag1320

strokerjlk

strokerjlk

Looks like enough participation to do MI and NC. For sure .( check schedule in post #1)
Looks like at least 1000,00 payout coming from sponsors so far .

It's gonna be run what ya brung up to 160 ci limit .
6" over stock length allowed ,with rake or swing arm or both combined, for a overall limit of 6"over .
Pro tree . No handicap heads up . If you red light you lose .
FLH front end . Stock frame . Stock backbone has to be used if modified for S&S height engine .
Any size street tire . No wheelie bars . Must LOOK like a Bagger and have factory size and appearing saddle bags . Fuel spec the same as AMRA street specs .

Possible to have another one right around the KilKarr race on the schedule . Waiting to see what Marty replaces Xenina OH with .

More details as they arrive .

westcomb

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 17, 2015, 04:32:27 AMSo up to 145" with power adders? ......
Had a couple guys with 160's want to play. its pretty much unlimited now.
160 ci run what ya brung. stock frame ,stock front end ,street tire 6" over stock wheel base
we have 1500.00 pay out for MI and 1500.00 pay out for NC.
we have 1000.00 possible pay out if we get one more shoot out going for Ohio .

westcomb

Dam ........... keeps getting faster ............ So 160" and a 6" over arm ........... that should make for some fast bikes!

strokerjlk

Quote from: westcomb on December 18, 2015, 04:34:52 AM
Dam ........... keeps getting faster ............ So 160" and a 6" over arm ........... that should make for some fast bikes!
yes 160 ci and 6" over wheelbase . swing arm ,or rake and swing arm combined

kd

Jim,

It's really great that you are taking all of this time out of your busy schedule to chase this down and revive the motorcycle component at the strip. I'm an old "cage" guy but it's the motorcycle stuff I really dig cuz I know what it takes to do it. It's much more dangerous and the builds are more hands on development due to lack of material (parts) support in the aftermarket. Good stuff  :up: :up: :up:
KD

strokerjlk

Quote from: kd on December 18, 2015, 07:14:03 AM
Jim,

It's really great that you are taking all of this time out of your busy schedule to chase this down and revive the motorcycle component at the strip. I'm an old "cage" guy but it's the motorcycle stuff I really dig cuz I know what it takes to do it. It's much more dangerous and the builds are more hands on development due to lack of material (parts) support in the aftermarket. Good stuff  :up: :up: :up:
thanks KD . it is shaping up to be quite a show.

westcomb

Are struts allowed? ......... or shocks a must! .........

Sorry .......... I just keep thinking about this is all!  :bike:

John/1

So what are they going to call this class PROSTOCK BAGGER