Newest Comp Version

Started by rbabos, August 23, 2016, 08:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Here's the latest and greatest.
Ron

koko3052

rbabos

August 23, 2016, 09:58:26 AM #2 Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:00:57 AM by rbabos
Quote from: koko3052 on August 23, 2016, 09:49:38 AM
no problems yet! :up: :hyst:
:hyst: Nope but they are getting better at it . :wink: I suspect a better lead in profile for ramping , which was questionable on all previous versions. As always, time will tell.
Ron

OldFLTRider

2012 FLTRX 103, HDSP heads, T-Man 577 cams, 115 HP/TQ

rbabos

Quote from: OldFLTRider on August 23, 2016, 10:14:24 AM
Hope it retrofits.
If there's money to be made, it will be designed to fit. :hyst:
Ron

koko3052

Hmmm, news release says driveline completely different. :emsad:

misfitJason

Looks like it's still going to be a problem
2006 Dyna, Kraftech Evo Softail

FSG

FSG

kd

Quote from: FSG on August 24, 2016, 12:57:06 AM

:scratch:  Now that wouldn't be another stolen upgrade idea would it.  :banghead:
KD

rbabos

:wtf: Looks like they liked the Compensaver thrust washer as well as the original oiling methods to replace that wafer bearing. :banghead:
Ron

rbabos

August 24, 2016, 06:09:42 AM #11 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 07:31:09 AM by rbabos
Quote from: kd on August 24, 2016, 04:35:38 AM
Quote from: FSG on August 24, 2016, 12:57:06 AM

:scratch:  Now that wouldn't be another stolen upgrade idea would it.  :banghead:

:slap: Ya think?  Thanks for noticing. On another note, viewing their patent application the new ramping on the spokes looks much better then anything in the past.
Ron

BUBBIE

:speaker:

Snip from Ron...

:wtf: Looks like they liked the Compensaver thrust washer as well as the original oiling methods to replace that wafer bearing. 

I liked your n GMR's  thrust washer MUCH better than the roller bearing one that I would OVER Torque and smash the ability of Movement... That Roller wafer Washer, to me, was Not what needed to be there...

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!

Just Nick

The new comp is not available with out a e-service ticket and the part number is 40100076 according to the parts book and one of my local dealers 
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

rbabos

Quote from: Just Nick on August 24, 2016, 11:26:04 AM
The new comp is not available with out a e-service ticket and the part number is 40100076 according to the parts book and one of my local dealers
What does that mean exactly? I take it an individual can't buy one over the counter, only in dealer access for shop work?
Ron

Hawg_Heaven

That PN 40100076 is listed on Surdyke for 190 and some change.

Just Nick

they can not sell it from what my dealer says.

A e-service ticket is a warranty deal only available for warranty repair not sold over the counter at least that is what it was when I was in dealer 12 years ago. it is most likely because they are guarding it and know no one needs one yet as no bikes have been sold at this point it will be available some day but mother ship does not feel it needs to be now. The e service ticket warranty items means that they will send you a new one once they receive the part you are replacing it with so in other words the dealer does not get to keep the part they have to send it before one will be sent out that way the engineers will have it in hand to see what went wrong so they can fix issues before they become real big issues like the last 7 comps from moco   
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

rbabos

Quote from: Just Nick on August 24, 2016, 02:51:07 PM
they can not sell it from what my dealer says.

A e-service ticket is a warranty deal only available for warranty repair not sold over the counter at least that is what it was when I was in dealer 12 years ago. it is most likely because they are guarding it and know no one needs one yet as no bikes have been sold at this point it will be available some day but mother ship does not feel it needs to be now. The e service ticket warranty items means that they will send you a new one once they receive the part you are replacing it with so in other words the dealer does not get to keep the part they have to send it before one will be sent out that way the engineers will have it in hand to see what went wrong so they can fix issues before they become real big issues like the last 7 comps from moco   
That would make sense. Also points to it not being retrofit then. In the past, like the 2014 comps, they could be had almost right away for 07 and up.
Ron

BVHOG

It could also mean they are not sure they are going to work so they don't want the failed ones around for people to see. Once again we are new model Beta testers
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

rbabos

August 24, 2016, 05:04:22 PM #19 Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:28:35 PM by rbabos
Quote from: BVHOG on August 24, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
It could also mean they are not sure they are going to work so they don't want the failed ones around for people to see. Once again we are new model Beta testers
I'm sure you are right on the beta tester part. Lots of new stuff, not just the comp. Me, I'm no playing that game again. :wink:
Ron

DrumRunner

They also maybe doing it to sell the current inventory of 14-16 se comps.

kd

Quote from: DrumRunner on August 24, 2016, 07:11:30 PM
They also maybe doing it to sell the current inventory of 14-16 se comps.

Now that's more believable.
KD

sfmichael

Quote from: rbabos on August 24, 2016, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: BVHOG on August 24, 2016, 04:53:39 PM
I'm sure you are right on the beta tester part. Lots of new stuff, not just the comp. Me, I'm no playing that game again. :wink:
Ron

I'll be keeping my bike a few more years
Colorado Springs, CO.

rbabos

This new comp assy has the spring pack in reverse and the extension shaft has a lip for the first small spring. Largest spring against the cam now.
Ron

Reddog74usa

Enough is enough. Why not go back to the type of comp that worked great forever???? Oh, that's right, we are forced to use this type because the cranks need it  :doh:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT