April 27, 2024, 03:52:45 PM

News:

disapointing again

Started by hotbo, November 20, 2008, 06:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

IMO the 06up heads are very sensitive to the pipe and restriction is part of the story and does play in but more importantly scavenging, or lack of that. This does not show up until a cam with overlap is used (stock cams have almost zero). Add a larger exhaust valve and do some porting to the exhaust side of the late head and it isn't hard to exceed the flow of the intake. Doesn't play well with most cams.
BTW not anything bad to say about Vance, I think he a is good guy and knows his stuff.

Faast Ed

Add a larger exhaust valve and do some porting to the exhaust side of the late head and it isn't hard to exceed the flow of the intake. Doesn't play well with most cams.

That is pretty much why I asked about his exhaust valve size. It seems realistically possible that this is indeed where some of the lost power went.
(Unless of course he has stock size valves in the exhaust ports.) Then my point is moot.

If it turns out that he has big exhaust valves, maybe he should try a more restrictive pipe before ripping the heads off.

I am very well aware how good of a reputation those pipes have, but has anyone used them with these particular heads?
The porter recommends against them.  People are always posting "Listen to your porter".
(PLease don't take that to mean anything against you Hotbo.)  Those pipes are famous and it would be hard to believe that they wouldn't be great on ANY build.
≡Faast Ed>

Sonny S.

I can't answer for THOSE particular heads but I have spoke with Dan Vance in the past about head work, and he would typically use a 1.90 int. and stock exhaust valve for that build.

I'm sure he will chime in.

ederdelyi

>>I can't answer for THOSE particular heads but I have spoke with Dan Vance in the past about head work, and he would typically use a 1.90 int. and stock exhaust valve for that build.<<

That's correct. His standard Stage2 TC heads with a 1.9 intake use a stock exh. valve.

Just a suggestion guys: LET IT GO!  :horse:

GoFast.....

Quote from: ederdelyi on November 22, 2008, 06:32:59 AM
>>I can't answer for THOSE particular heads but I have spoke with Dan Vance in the past about head work, and he would typically use a 1.90 int. and stock exhaust valve for that build.<<

That's correct. His standard Stage2 TC heads with a 1.9 intake use a stock exh. valve.

Just a suggestion guys: LET IT GO!  :horse:

I agree Ed,  Dan  :up: you da man for standing by your product and it may not even be the heads
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

hotbo

it is let go :horse:i have told my uncle what he is willing to do,im out of the middle, :wink:i think dan is a great guy and is willing to stand behind his product good for him,i have no hard feelings whatsoever other than me being in the middle.thanks guys :smiled:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

Faast Ed

Quote.....it is let go :horse:i have....

If you put spaces before and after the  :horse: the icon will apear in you post as opposed to the words.

"In the middle", not a fun place to be!
≡Faast Ed>