April 27, 2024, 11:30:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

disapointing again

Started by hotbo, November 20, 2008, 06:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotbo

November 20, 2008, 06:46:49 AM Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 06:48:49 AM by hotbo
my uncle just had his bike re-tuned at rpm cycles in oklahoma city oklahoma,yesterday.he spend several hours about 7 to be exact with the tuner which his name is buddy moore supper guy and tuner imo.back in june they tuned it the first time the #s were terrible and found it was sumping alittle.so he fixed that rode it this summer and was still a turd so he decided to retry again :horse:here is his bike

2006 deuce 95 inch
dan vance 1.90 ported heads
kb-flat tops
9.8-1
tw37bs cams
2-1 t-header
power commander
kuryakn high five a/c

his new #S were 81-88 isnt that funny :angry:he spent alot of money on products and tuning for that,lol!!!!

the dyno guy said that he was having to take away fuel to compensate for the no breathing of the engine.he felt like the engine was not breathing good.
they checked for sumping again and took the a/c off to no gain or find

he is going to fax me the dyno sheets today if someone will post them for me i would be greatful.my e-mail is wilsondyna@hotmail.com

we need to find the problem before he beats me over the head for talking him into this package and building the mill :sink:

im not bashing dan vance he seems to be a very nice guy and helpful.but my uncle is sick of chasing way down #S imo and his and the tuners.wasting more dyno time and money so any help diagnosing  the problem would be great thanks travis :smiled:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

GoFast.....

Quote from: hotbo on November 20, 2008, 06:46:49 AM
my uncle just had his bike re-tuned at rpm cycles in oklahoma city oklahoma,yesterday.he spend several hours about 7 to be exact with the tuner which his name is buddy moore supper guy and tuner imo.back in june they tuned it the first time the #s were terrible and found it was sumping alittle.so he fixed that rode it this summer and was still a turd so he decided to retry again :horse:here is his bike

2006 deuce 95 inch
dan vance 1.90 ported heads
kb-flat tops
9.8-1
tw37bs cams
2-1 t-header
power commander
kuryakn high five a/c

his new #S were 81-88 isnt that funny :angry:he spent alot of money on products and tuning for that,lol!!!!

the dyno guy said that he was having to take away fuel to compensate for the no breathing of the engine.he felt like the engine was not breathing good.
they checked for sumping again and took the a/c off to no gain or find

he is going to fax me the dyno sheets today if someone will post them for me i would be greatful.my e-mail is wilsondyna@hotmail.com

we need to find the problem before he beats me over the head for talking him into this package and building the mill :sink:

im not bashing dan vance he seems to be a very nice guy and helpful.but my uncle is sick of chasing way down #S imo and his and the tuners.wasting more dyno time and money so any help diagnosing  the problem would be great thanks travis :smiled:
Travis I feel you man, We need the cc of the heads and the head gasket size to start with and is this carbarated
Nothing like the Sound of a Harley and the Smell of Rubber

hotbo

hey gofast the cc of the heads i dont know dan was suppose to cut them to make  9.8-1 compression.the h.g is a .030 cometic ans the pistons were in the hole .005 and .006

it is fuel injected.im hoping he will fax me the sheets in alittle while :angry:

KingofCubes

This is exactly why after hand porting heads for 17 years myself I quit hand porting heads. You don't address core shift when you hand port heads. I would have 8 out of ten happy customers and two like this out of every 10. I no longer have this problem. The 5 axis cnc machine pops out carbon units that are easy to tune and the customer support I get from R&R Cycle is great. I have 3 bikes here with these reworked heads and they all have very good manners.

Sonny S.

Something ain't right but I doubt it's the heads. Heck, you can get those #'s from an 88"er with TW37's.
Maybe cam timing is off ?

hotbo

hey sonny the cam timing has been checked 2 times once again by me and my uncles they are 5 hours away from me so its hard to go be with the tuner when he is tuning the bike,but buddy almost swears the bike is not breathing properly.i really dont know what is wrong not blaming anyone here :idea:just want to get ideas and figure something out before he "Potty mouth" cans the whole package and i have to re-fund him some money.

yes those #S are terrible a properly tuned 88 with those cams come close and a new 96 bike with a cam can beat that. :horse:the bike starts good. sounds good just runs outta steam quick and then your left with nothing. :emsad:

ICANTD55

Compression test then leak down both cylinders.
RICK , MA

hotbo

Quote from: ICANTD55 on November 20, 2008, 08:04:31 AM
Compression test then leak down both cylinders.

i really doubt that will show up anything out of the ordinary but ya never know :horse:the bike has been never once puffed a lick of smoke or acted funny other than no power.and i mean it has power just not what it should have :idea:

Hybredhog

Did the tuner play with the timing aspect, and T-headers aren't exactly low end torque power friendly?...Jeff
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Don D

Check the compression and report back. I suspect either engine health or a tune issue. I remember hearing Herko saying he changes vacuum pump filters often, this is critical to proper sampling, also timing.

hotbo

November 20, 2008, 09:55:21 AM #10 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:24:25 AM by Fatboy_SirGarfield
i talked to my uncle and he says that he is done :angry: the tuner is well known in the area and says its the intake in the heads.he told my uncle he had to add alot of negative numbers to the intake part whatever that means :idea: im not even gonna guess buddys tune :wink: hes really spot on with tuning bikes. dynojet 250i. power commander tuning link and many classes plus years of experience. my uncles and  him trust each other. he told  them its in the intake of the heads so what do i do :idea: argue with a good tuner and engine builder. he uses steve at GMR alot. buddy builds very sound and extremely well running engines so im gonna guess he knows what hes saying. it really sucks being stuck in the middle :horse:

he is going to fax me the sheets this afternoon if anyone wants to post them for me??

hotbo

anyone want to post the sheets i have them :idea:

GoFast.....

Quote from: hotbo on November 20, 2008, 12:29:46 PM
Either he can live with or the heads need to come off if you trust the tuner and the builder and be checked, But I would see what the ccc is first

hotbo

well he has made his mind up they are coming off. :pop:

hotroadking

Do you have a compression tester, if so run it on both cyl, in case you haven't done it before
remove the plugs, take off ac and then put the tester in either the front or rear plug hole.
Open throttle 100% (cold bike) and crank starter, after about 3 revolutions you should be at max pressure, do both cyl and report back the numbers.

Do it before he removes these heads or you won't know where you are starting from...

Its difficult enough to determine what is wrong on the net without all the data.

Also if your charts are PDF or image files (.jpg) when you post just attach them to the message you will see a button below the post for Manage Attachments simple to do.

mayor

Quote from: hotbo on November 20, 2008, 12:29:46 PM

Travis,
if you want the sheets posted I sent you a instant message with my fax number.

warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

ICANTD55

9.8:1 TW37 ,flat tops ,I would Think 180-185 # With .030hg & 0 deck . if you got that,,,  have at the heads.
as long as it is not still sumping.

Just sayin. better to be sure ,doesent take long. 
RICK , MA

mayor

Quote from: ICANTD55 on November 20, 2008, 01:35:36 PM
9.8:1 TW37 ,flat tops ,I would Think 180-185 # With .030hg & 0 deck . if you got that,,,  have at the heads.

don't forget that the CCP is dependant on elevation. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

ICANTD55

Sorry forgot what the elevation was in Oklahoma all I remember about Oklahoma is it was flat... I figured around sea level. :wink:
RICK , MA

GoFast.....

Quote from: wannabmayor on November 20, 2008, 01:40:12 PM
Quote from: ICANTD55 on November 20, 2008, 01:35:36 PM

don't forget that the CCP is dependant on elevation. 
I am talking about actual tested ccp at his location

ICANTD55

November 20, 2008, 02:26:00 PM #20 Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:28:48 PM by ICANTD55
go fast we all are. :wink:

Just trying to give him something to shoot for.The calculator that I have doesent have the elevation so maybe wannabmayor can factor that in and narrow it down a bit.
RICK , MA

hotbo

elevation is less than 1,000 feet yeah its flat,lol!!!!

the cranking compression cold is 170-173 front to rear.

this has been checked.thanks guys im not bashing anyone or trying to for that matter :up:

it is not sumping this also has been checked several times since it was fixed.

wannabe thanks i will send them to you.

i have alot of respect for all of  you,but i cant think of anything else it could be :idea:

hotbo

fax sent mike,thanks travis

FLTRI

"it is not sumping this also has been checked several times since it was fixed."

Did you know how they checked for sumping?

Also, if you can get the dyno sheet listed as a picture in your meesage then all can see it rather than only those who pay. :wink:

If the engine is sumping it should show up on the graph as a big drop in power from about 3500-4000 up!
And does you uncle notice the engine running hot at all?

If the engine is truely not sumping there is really nothing more from a forum that can be done as I believe the bike needs to be evaluated by someone other than a guy who simply says the engine isn't breathing. (this comment also leads me down the sumping path)
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

sean fxd

<<Also, if you can get the dyno sheet listed as a picture in your meesage then all can see it rather than only those who pay.>>

This is not VTF...this is HTT...you don't have to pay to see no stinkin dyno sheets!

Sean