May 09, 2024, 05:38:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Water temperature code in ECM??

Started by Hillside Motorcycle, July 04, 2013, 03:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hillside Motorcycle

Heard from one of the shops we are in contact with, that a water temp code surfaced, on a late 2013 touring model.
What's up with that, or do I already know that answer?
Scott
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

rking1550

I hope he was talking about his truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

truck

Quote from: HILLSIDECYCLE on July 04, 2013, 03:32:07 PM
Heard from one of the shops we are in contact with, that a water temp code surfaced, on a late 2013 touring model.
What's up with that, or do I already know that answer?
Scott
I knew it was coming!! :teeth:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

slo-poke 03

very interesting, I always used to say if you wanted to know what a company was doing, get to the bean counters. I guess I could add, get to the programmers now.

Ohio HD

Coming to an HD dealer near you in 2015, WATER....     :tfhat:

ThumperDeuce

Are the engines compatible enough that the v rod and air cooled engines could use the same ECM so it would be a cost saving thing?  You bagger guys like to ride in the rain a lot so maybe you could use the signal to modify the timing and fuel tables to compensate for the rain temperature being sucked into the intake  :wink:
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Ohio HD

Quote from: ThumperDeuce on July 04, 2013, 04:34:05 PM
Are the engines compatible enough that the v rod and air cooled engines could use the same ECM so it would be a cost saving thing?  You bagger guys like to ride in the rain a lot so maybe you could use the signal to modify the timing and fuel tables to compensate for the rain temperature being sucked into the intake  :wink:

ha ha ha ha   :up:

1931jamesw

What exactly was the trouble code?

Coyote

Ohio HD

1931jamesw

Durwood

Quote from: Ohio HD on July 04, 2013, 04:42:59 PM

Does tts have a W-tune feature..  :hyst:

rbabos

I suspect they are the same. Engine temp can be water or head, just different temps in play with different sensors.
Ron

gordonr

I heard a story about the older race tuner was limited to 7000 rpm and the vrod software wasn't. So....
"If was easy everyone would do it"

Ohio HD

Quote from: Durwood on July 04, 2013, 05:34:43 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on July 04, 2013, 04:42:59 PM

Does tts have a W-tune feature..  :hyst:

Be nice Durwood!   :hyst:

Jaycee1964

Everyone will be "Drowning" in sorrow the day it comes...
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

1FSTRK

Looking at the design of the FLH2O heads it will be interesting to see how many head porters will turn them into water cooled exhaust. Could be the end of hogging out the exhaust ports.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

pstreetglide62

We will find out when we go to right up the road to the 110th in a month or so.Reminds me of when motocross bikes started water cooling the heads first.  Paul :smile:

Hillside Motorcycle

rbabos

Quote from: HILLSIDECYCLE on July 05, 2013, 04:29:08 AM
Hydro-Glides coming soon.
Scott
Eventually. Still room with the air cooled to pass EPA from what I see.
Ron

Bakon

Heard rumor of no Roadglide for a year or so, then reintroduced. Seemed fishy since they are finally catching on as cool, but maybe they will be the first swimmers since the shark nose and all.
wasting time

Showdog75

Water will be great, better temp control=higher compression=higher potential Hp on pump gas. Win win

ThumperDeuce

July 05, 2013, 06:58:01 AM #23 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:00:43 AM by ThumperDeuce
Quote from: Showdog75 on July 05, 2013, 06:44:10 AM
Water will be great, better temp control=higher compression=higher potential Hp on pump gas. Win win

A water cooled engine may be thermodynamically superior to an air cooled engine but I think a radiator ruins the lines ( appearance ) of  a v-twin.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

truck

Quote from: ThumperDeuce on July 05, 2013, 06:58:01 AM
Quote from: Showdog75 on July 05, 2013, 06:44:10 AM

A water cooled engine may be thermodynamically superior to an air cooled engine but I think a radiator ruins the lines ( appearance ) of  a v-twin.
Not if the two radiators are hidden in the lower fairing as shown in the patent drawings.
http://cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/06/21/harley-davidson-water-cooled-heads-patent/
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.