May 04, 2024, 11:31:28 PM

News:

TWIN POWER Lithium-Ion battery

Started by Tattoo, February 17, 2016, 12:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl H.

June 10, 2017, 09:13:51 AM #75 Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:19:49 AM by Karl H.
Provided the Li battery has an integrated balancer circuit the only thing that can kill the battery is deep discharge or overvoltage of the charging system. The max. voltage rated by the different manufacturers of Li batteries is 14,4 to 14,6 Volt. Lead Acid chargers only deliver a higher voltage when they have a special recovery mode for dead batteries where about 17-20V are applied (very few). Much more risky is the voltage regulator auf our rides! The Harley Electrical Diagnostics Manual says that anything below 15,5V is good! So I would never install a Li battery before having measured the max voltage output of my bike's voltage regulator. I wouldn't allow more than 14,4V.

Karl
Dyna Wide Glide '03, Softail Deluxe '13, Street Glide '14, Sportster 883R '15

HD/Wrench

I have several chargers . I called one company and asked about one model vs the other that list Ion as one of the batterys . Was told same charger just different label.. OK   :idunno: I have the 4 amp Deltran charger , I had not put it back on as where I parked the bike this time I had to run a cord and thought it would be ok for a few days.. The amp is the issue not the battery but it would not come back though

wfolarry

What I do with lithium batteries that are dead is hook another battery up to it. doesn't have to be a lithium. This will put enough current into it to get the charger going. I do this on my drills, impacts etc. as well. Maybe I've just been lucky so far.

K4FXD

What I understand about them is if the charge gets too low, a switch inside the battery turns off, preventing it from charging.

Keeps them from becoming a fire bomb, like the samsung S7 note
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery

Buglet

The bad one I have something inside must of came loose as you shake it you can hear something inside rattle.

92flhtcu

Buglet-I've had several that rattle and are fine. Early on, I had James take a rattler apart that was a good battery and it was a piece of plastic"flashing" from when the case is assembled. Just saying, not all the TP Li-Ion that rattle have a issue
Need a bigger garage