May 09, 2024, 12:15:59 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

setting the CLB in TTS question

Started by mayor, October 20, 2010, 07:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayor

so I'm reading the V-tune Process w/out a Dyno Ver 2 document, in anticaption of being TTS programmer latter this week, when I came onto this:

I'm wondering what I would want my CLB set too?   :embarrassed:  and how would I know that?  :crook:  I'm thinking I would like my cruise afr to be around 14.2, so would I put in 803 mv?  the document suggest limiting to 780 mv, would I read that as 14.43 afr?

what do typical CLB tables look like?   :nix:
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

hrdtail78

The richest I go is 778, but usually set to 756 or 765.  Don't remember what it is one decrement down from 778.  Play with that chart you will see 780 isn't possible.  I haven't really heard of too much mpg difference with this, but have taken care of some of the heat issues.  +100 heat index is common here in summer.
Semper Fi

mayor

would I set the 80-100 map cells to 778 and the others to say 756? 

hrdtail78

I usually set the same across board. On some builds the lower kpa is leaner for idle purposes.  Warm up enrichment can play up to 320 degrees. 

Remember at 100 kpa you are not in closed loop, but at 80 you are.  It is my understanding that if you are cruising at let's say 65 kpa. The ECM is also looking at the 80 column also, and it influences a percentage.  That's why there a 100kpa in a closed loop bias table.   Don't know if that is explained clearly.  I'm sure somebody else will chime in.
Semper Fi

Steve Cole

It all depends on what you think you want. Many people have been led to believe that it is necessary to run at richer than necessary ratio's for a good running bike and that is simply not true. At low load, light throttle and cruise I find 14.6 - 14.5 is just fine. As the engine load goes higher and RPM climbs I like to head towards a 13.0 ratio at full load. So you can transition between the two ratio's at a rate that you like. Due to the air cooled motor I like to see the idle area set about 14.4 - 14.3. I also use the EITMS ON, as this takes over fuel control as the engine get too hot and richens the mixture to help control heat. This gives you the big advantage of a leaner mixture when the temperature is down but the richer mixture if the temperatures start to run too high. I run this same configuration on 120 or 96 motors and it works fine.

Look under the "Tools" menu in Mastertune and it will give you a conversion chart for O2 voltages.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

mayor

thanks to a fast shipment from hrdtail, I could be performing the marriage ceremony as early as tonight.   :up:

I hope to at least download the new map tonight so I can install my open element AC, but I might wait until the weekend to do any V-tuning. 

When I start to V-tune, I think I'll just set everything at 778 for now.   :nix:

rbabos

Quote from: mayor on October 20, 2010, 10:42:30 AM
thanks to a fast shipment from hrdtail, I could be performing the marriage ceremony as early as tonight.   :up:

I hope to at least download the new map tonight so I can install my open element AC, but I might wait until the weekend to do any V-tuning. 

When I start to V-tune, I think I'll just set everything at 778 for now.   :nix:
739 myself. I've often wondered what the deal was with these multiple cbls in the tables. Nobody seems to use them since they are quite lean. Some maps I've viewed the tuner left them in canned state and altered the afr table to throw more fuel in where needed. Is this set up for an epa tune , Steve? In some warped way the canned cbl tables would be more calibration friendly but don't have the balls to try it. :hyst:
Ron

Blackbaggr

mayor

well I failed miserably in my first attempt to link up to the ecm.  I'm having issues with my com port.   :emsad:  I left my cd drive at work, so I'll have to see if I can hook up tomorrow. I tried downloading the driver, but that didn't seem to go well either. 

Bill, still leaning towards 26's...

TXChop

I have had some com port issues as well. I use a serial cable i got from Jd's/tts and hook the bike up than start the program. Has worked every time since.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Steve Cole on October 20, 2010, 09:50:53 AM
It all depends on what you think you want. Many people have been led to believe that it is necessary to run at richer than necessary ratio's for a good running bike and that is simply not true. At low load, light throttle and cruise I find 14.6 - 14.5 is just fine. As the engine load goes higher and RPM climbs I like to head towards a 13.0 ratio at full load. So you can transition between the two ratio's at a rate that you like. Due to the air cooled motor I like to see the idle area set about 14.4 - 14.3. I also use the EITMS ON, as this takes over fuel control as the engine get too hot and richens the mixture to help control heat. This gives you the big advantage of a leaner mixture when the temperature is down but the richer mixture if the temperatures start to run too high. I run this same configuration on 120 or 96 motors and it works fine.Look under the "Tools" menu in Mastertune and it will give you a conversion chart for O2 voltages.

got a 120 map that works fine? put it in a mastertune update. SE cams will be fine.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

trannyman

Quote from: strokerjlk on October 20, 2010, 08:08:33 PM
Quote from: Steve Cole on October 20, 2010, 09:50:53 AM
It all depends on what you think you want. Many people have been led to believe that it is necessary to run at richer than necessary ratio's for a good running bike and that is simply not true. At low load, light throttle and cruise I find 14.6 - 14.5 is just fine. As the engine load goes higher and RPM climbs I like to head towards a 13.0 ratio at full load. So you can transition between the two ratio's at a rate that you like. Due to the air cooled motor I like to see the idle area set about 14.4 - 14.3. I also use the EITMS ON, as this takes over fuel control as the engine get too hot and richens the mixture to help control heat. This gives you the big advantage of a leaner mixture when the temperature is down but the richer mixture if the temperatures start to run too high. I run this same configuration on 120 or 96 motors and it works fine.Look under the "Tools" menu in Mastertune and it will give you a conversion chart for O2 voltages.

got a 120 map that works fine? put it in a mastertune update. SE cams will be fine.
I would like to see some other cals. too, other than SE cams.

hrdtail78

What does this have to do with the OP?  Does this crap have to be hashed out every thread.  Seems Mayor is asking about CBL's for his build.  Not what everybody else wants.  Something to keep in mind.
Semper Fi

trannyman

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 20, 2010, 09:13:23 PM
What does this have to do with the OP?  Does this crap have to be hashed out every thread.  Seems Mayor is asking about CBL's for his build.  Not what everybody else wants.  Something to keep in mind.
Your right, got off track.  :embarrassed:

mayor

October 21, 2010, 03:52:52 AM #14 Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:00:57 AM by mayor
I loaded up the USB driver from the disc to my lap top, and I'm still having connection issues.  I haven't been able to find the com port screen that the help menu shows, but it looks like it should be connecting based on this:

that was com port 24, but I changed it to 2 since the help file said that the TTs software is limited to 16.  I need help....

strokerjlk

Quote from: hrdtail78 on October 20, 2010, 09:13:23 PM

the claim was......I run this same configuration on 120 or 96 motors and it works fine.
still talking CLB cals. since the claim was, it has been used on 120 ci. why not share it for all to use.

Mayor
try using com port 4 or 5.

mayor

I think it showed all my ports being used, but 2?  I was using my work laptop, so I'll ask my IT group at work to look into it.   :teeth:

strokerjlk

Quote from: mayor on October 21, 2010, 04:23:55 AM
I think it showed all my ports being used, but 2?  I was using my work laptop, so I'll ask my IT group at work to look into it.   :teeth:
was it hooked to the ECM? if so what com ports were avaliable when you opened up the com port config. in the TTS software?

strokerjlk

one other thought comes to mind. what OS are you running? if it is a 64 bit system the driver wont load. needs to be 32 bit.

Blackbaggr

Mayor...I've heard that the brand of cable can make a difference when it comes to connectivity. I'm using BELKIN...which was supplied with my TTS (at an extra cost).
Mine hooks up to com port 4 if I recall correctly. Good luck.

mayor

Quote from: strokerjlk on October 21, 2010, 04:29:06 AM
was it hooked to the ECM? if so what com ports were avaliable when you opened up the com port config. in the TTS software?
I had everything hooked up physically, but I dcouldn't find the "select the com port table".  I don't even know where to find this drop down table:

where do I find that drop down table?  is that in the TTS software? 

I'm using XP.  I'm not smart enough to know if it's 32 bit or 64.   :embarrassed:  I'm going to ask my IT group at work.  Luckily, the IT manager is a HD guy.... :wink:

Bill, the one I bought is from TTS. 

mayor

ok, I'm making some progress.  I found this:

It's not like it's labled com port or anything.   :embarrassed: I'm going to try connecting again around lunch time.   :teeth:

strokerjlk

there ya go. if one doesn't work try another until one connects

mayor

thanks Jim.  I should know in about a couple of hours.   :teeth:

Steve Cole

Mayor

Open Mastertune, Then go to "Help", "Contents" then click on the Search tab in the top leftside. Enter USB into the search box then click on the "List Topics" button. Just below that several selections will come up. Double click on "Configuring the USB Driver" and all the directions will be on the rightside of the screen.

As for the comment about what OS your running it does not matter as long as you select the proper driver as all TTS programs works with 32 or 64 bit systems just fine. Some people just do not know what they are talking about.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.